Right of cancellation and exchange
Under the European Consumer Contracts Act, you have a 30-day right of cancellation and exchange. In addition, JYSK offers an extended right of cancellation and an unlimited exchange service when the conditions listed below are met.
This applies whether you are purchasing from a JYSK store or online at JYSK.co.uk.
Cancellation of the order prior to receipt
If you wish to cancel your order on JYSK.co.uk before taking receipt of the item, You must contact JYSK Customer Service to cancel the order quoting your customer order number to arrange a refund of any items and the delivery costs.
If you have not accepted delivery of your order you will not be charged extra for the return of the order.
30-day right of cancellation – Cancelling the order after receipt
When purchasing from JYSK.co.uk, you have a 30-day right of cancellation of the purchase, calculated from the time at which you receive your items.
If you wish to cancel your purchase after receiving the item, you must contact JYSK Customer Service via email or in writing quoting your customer order number, your request to cancel and to arrange a refund of any items and delivery costs (additional purchased services are not refundable).
In this case you will be liable for all costs in connection with the return of the item if you make use of the right of cancellation.
- The right of cancellation means that you can return the item and receive a refund of the item cost plus any delivery charges
- The item must be returned to a JYSK store or to the JYSK Distribution Centre (see below for address) no later than 30 days after cancelling the purchase and submitting the cancellation to JYSK. This can be done by emailing or writing to JYSK Customer Service or using a standard cancellation form, which can be downloaded here. Refunds will be actioned once the item is received by JYSK or proof of dispatch is received by Customer Services
- In the event of multiple items ordered as a single order but delivered individually, the 30-day deadline is calculated from the time at which the final item is delivered
JYSK's extended right of cancellation and exchange service
JYSK offers an extended right of cancellation and an exchange service, which apply to purchases on both JYSK.co.uk and purchases in our stores. There is no deadline associated with the extended right of cancellation and return service. This by far exceeds the 30 day rule/rights described in the European Consumer Contract Act. If returning your item later than 30 days after receiving your item, you will receive a refund for the item. Original delivery costs and any additional services purchased are not refundable. In this case you will be liable for all costs in connection with the return of the item.
If you would like to make use of our extended right of cancellation and exchange service, the following conditions must be met.
Conditions for the use of JYSK's extended right of cancellation and exchange serviceThe item must meet the following conditions:
- The item must be in a good condition and in the original packaging
- If possible, the packaging should be returned intact so that it can be reused
- When trying out an item that may need to be returned, ensure that the value of the item is not reduced
- It is a condition that the item can easily be reconditioned so that it can be sold as new
- Furniture that is delivered unassembled must be returned with all parts intact and undamaged
- For mattresses, we recommend that you try them out keeping the plastic cover on to ensure that the value of the item is not reduced
- We offer a 100-day trial period for GOLD mattresses. Read more at try out a GOLD mattress.
How to return items purchased at JYSK.co.uk or in our stores
In order to take advantage of the right of cancellation and exchange service, you must first ensure that the above conditions have been met.
For items that are available for sale online only, please contact JYSK Customer Service using this form.
You can then return your items in one of the following ways:
- Return the item directly to one of our many JYSK stores across the United Kingdom in order to avoid shipping costs. Bring the item to a JYSK store in its original packaging. Remember to bring a printout/copy of your invoice
- Return the item directly to JYSK's Distribution Centre, along with a print-out/copy of the invoice. You will be responsible for all costs in connection with the return of the item
Bolton Gate Retail Park
Telephone: 03300 883818